Thursday, June 9, 2011

Where Art Thou...Nude Shoes?

I have been questing for over a year for a pair of candy apple red high heels at least 4 inches high, no platform base at the toe, and a closed and rounded toe. (If you have seen these shoes let me know, they are wanted dead or alive at this point). The pain of not finding my red shoes made me transfer my energy into a shoe I felt would be more attainable since everyone loves a nude heel.


It was around December I realized that nude coloured high heels were becoming the new "must have" item for spring.  In the fashion timeline I've discovered that Toronto Divas and Fashionistas have to wait until April to get what the rest of the fashion/famous people world get in the fall.  And the countdown to spring shopping commenced...

As I began to scavenge the Eaton's Centre I began to realize... it’s one thing for Kim Kardashian to find her perfect nude heels and another thing for me to find mine. 




 I should preface the rest of my story by saying I am a quest shopper, like a lion stalking it's prey - I need to fulfill a fashion mission! I know exactly what I want and I will seek it out until I find it - like a true DIVA! If it doesn’t exist I leave the mall a failure until the next time I dare the quest again.I thought this particular item would be a no-brainer buy. Everyone would have their ‘unique’ version of nude high heel, I would buy them, have long sexy legs and live happily ever after.


........WRONG!

I went to the usual places, Aldo, Spring, Nine West, Town Shoes etc, and it was the same shoe store again and again. I began my search online....

BREAKING NEWS TO THIS POST!

While I was looking for a picture to illustrate my desired nude shoe I found the perfect red ones:



And... THEY'RE ON SALE! Oh Aldo, let’s never fight again despite the fact you do not have half sizes in my nude shoe, therefore my foot was either falling out or my little toes were being crushed!

I must go a try these on ASAP!

And the quest for the perfect nude shoe continues... 


Written by DivaGirl Felicia Empey!


1 comment: