Thursday, July 5, 2012

DivaGirl Entertainment & Chemagne Dance Presents: Belly Dance Cabaret!



Chemagne moving to the live drum beat

Chemagne opened up her studio doors for a mini showcase of featured talented females all bringing a variety of sassy, sexy, and sensual movements. It was a packed house - every inch of space was filled with an engaged, attentive, and supportive audience snapping pictures, enthusiastically cheering and applauding after every fabulous dance piece.


Chemagne's students opened up the show and set the stage for how entertaining the rest of the night was headed. All danced together in sequence yet bringing their own individual styles and flare into their moves along with gorgeous coloured chiffon outfits. You could hardly tell these ladies will less than pros. One student - Jodi was so cofident and amazing she decided to do her very own solo, koodos! Her moves were fantastic and I especially loved her entire ensamble - specifically a hand made belly chain. It was all very Brittany Spears "I'm a Slave for You" if you know what I mean.

Jodi and Chemagne

There were a few more solos that highlighted all the different dancers own individual talents, personalities, and femininity. One was dressed in all over pink with chiffon gypsy pants and a sequened bra - um, hello DivaGirl! She was quite cheeky and sassy  flirting with crowd shaking, dipping,and  framing her face vivaciously completly enthralling all watching. She also went as far  to come into the crowd and encouraged them to have just as much fun as she was clearly having on stage - a real stage performer with the up most confidence.

One of my favourites had to be Emily performing Bollywood. I'm already a big Bolly lover - it's all just so upbeat and fun! She came to stage in sequined Aladdin pants, a cute crop top showing off her tiny fit frame all dressed in hues of purple. Oh my is she a  little power house! She truely embodied a Bollywood Dancer with the exaggerated, overly happy, eye popped expressions, super high energy and strong arm movements. She utilized the entire space with an energy that shook the wooden floors. The crowd was both entertained and surprised at how amazing this tiny dancer was at being so on point with this cultured dance - safe to say they went wild as her dance came to an end.

Still being in awe, I caught up with Emily after the show to ask just how she got so awesome at Bollywood - "I just love how colourful, happy, and energetic the dance is so I've always had a love and appreciation for it. I first started with Bollywood by taking DivaGirl Roshni’s course and got really great ideas and understanding from it. I also love watching old Bollywood movies and upcoming videos - I try to stay current. I really just have fun by mixing and matching the moves from different areas that inspire me. I pick the music I like dancing to and expand on moves from there. It's always something new that appears."

The best has yet to come! Chemagne came up looking sexy as ever with bedazzled, chiffom harem pants, a hip scarf with an loud array of chimes, and a flowerly, jewelled bra top - meeeow! Dancing for the first time with a live drummer who also presented herself on stage the duo brought a very raw experience to those watching. Chemagne was everything exquisite dancing and flowing, engaging the crowd as she moved to the rhythm of the live drum beat. It was so very calming to experience.
Chemagne and her drummer having a bonding session

Chemagne expressed her take on the night later - " I'm really happy with how everything went this evening! We had a great turnout with lots of people - my studio was packed to the rim. My students did a great job too, I'm very proud of them. This was also my first night dancing with a live drummer and I really enjoyed the interaction between us. I think we brought a very real, raw, live experience to my audience. I'm just feeling really good about everything and now I'm ready to take it to the next level."

With all I've said here I'm sure you wouldn't want to miss Chemagne's next show! Keep in the loop of all she's up to - check out her website and "Like" her on Facebook.
Thanks for reading Divas, until next time!

Julia Marie xox


No comments:

Post a Comment