Thursday, May 9, 2013

Me, Myself, and I.

As the love struck intoxication slowly wears off from what’s supposed to be the month of loving I think it’s fair to say most of us Divas ended up with the short end of the stick! You didn’t get those fabulous louboutins you’ve been name dropping to your beau for weeks fit with photo texting with you trying them on at holts, he bought you the brand of chocolate you hate, gold instead of silver, or you got a less than surprised more predictable bouquet of flowers delivery. Failed attempts at presents only leaving you disappointed is a failed attempt at love my dear! If your man doesn’t know you well enough to get you what your very heart desires weather it be big or small then he doesn’t know your heart now does he?

Don’t get me wrong I’m not into the materialism of gifting, It’s really not about the presents or price tags at all. It’s about knowing and loving us for who we are to our core so much so that you want to do all it takes to make us happy. That’s what loving someone is after all isn’t it? Doing things you wouldn’t do otherwise but are overjoyed to if it means making her happy and feeling so special? You know going out of your way! It’s pretty clear that Divas are the female version of a hustler so we’ll do whatever it takes to get the things we want out of life therefore all we really require  is exclusive r-e-s-p-e-c-t, attention, and affection. Men seem to like the fabricated idea of what it’s like to be with a Diva – “oh she’s so fun and cool” “she’s so chill and easy going” or “I like talking real life and business with her” but when it comes to putting in the work to treat us properly in order to keep us or even having a clue  how to treat us are handfuls of failed attempts and lack of even trying. I say screw it and onto “Me, Myself, and I.”

Sometimes you just have to do you Divas!! Read the rest of my take on life with "Me, Myself, and I" in Eligible Magazine! 

In case you're wondering I got most of my inspiration for the article from Queen Bey's "Me, Myself and I!" Here's a shout out to her in all her independent glory! 

Written By:

Julia Marie Gallo xox

No comments:

Post a Comment